As a program manager, I provide leadership for teams throughout the complete life-cycle (planning, execution, and delivery). Through collaboration, partnerships, and focus we create saleable products with profitable, world-class results: hardware, software, network management, and cloud solutions.
- Program plans
- Web site content
- Ordering instructions for procuring hardware
- Statements of Work, various legal contracts and agreements, LOAs
- Post-Project Assessments
- Executive presentations
- Developed and delivered training for employees on process improvements
- Document control and tracking, private NetApp server admin for NDA purposes
- End-user publications: product installation guidelines, configuration instructions, online-help, quick-start guides
- Senior writer, senior editor, copy editor, production coordinator, manager of publications
NetApp―2/17 to present: Sr. Solutions Program Manager.
NetApp through Varite―12/15 to 2/17: Sr. Solutions Program Manager, coordinating cloud solutions in the Service Provider Converged Infrastructure (SP-CI) Group: NetApp Resource Provider with the Microsoft Cloud Platform (MCP), and EdgeCloud solution, a five-company collaboration.
Cisco Systems through Insight Global―2/2014 to 8/2015:
Program Manager for product-development and value-engineering teams producing innovative, integrated hardware and software systems. Helped acquire an award of $2M for development of value engineering (VE) programs that focus on quality with cost savings. Reported into PMO of CSG (Core Software Group) supporting SRG (Services Routing Group). Products: temperature tolerant ISR (integrated services router) 2911-T for AT&T, Level VI power supplies, VE for ISR 8xx platforms, alternate solid state drives and CPUs.
Cisco Systems, 1995 to 2011-Various business units and positions:
- Program manager in Engineering for revenue-producing products: hardware, software, networking products, partnered with cross-functional teams including Marketing product managers and external partners.
- Technical Publications department manager and program manager
- Customer Critical Accounts program manager
- Senior technical writer and team lead
- Online-help technical team lead
Vendor management, partner relationships—
- HP, IBM, and Dell (server hardware);
- Intel (processors);
- Redhat, (Linux OS);
- Microsoft (Windows OS, licenses, Azure pack);
- Intrado (Cisco Emergency Responder);
- Texas Instruments and Foxconn (MCS-7890-C1 appliance);
- VMWare for virtualization;
- AOL (America Online), Pac-West.
- Delta, LITEON, GEMTEKS, Flextronics (for Level VI power supplies);
- Foxconn partnership on multiple programs: Milpitas router, Overdrive SSD, solid state drive replacements;
- QCS (Quality Components & Systems) for Firestar DC PoE power supply.
- Commvault (backup as a service);
- Avnet (Tech Data) integrator and distributor
Global teams and external partnerships:
—Europe, the U.S., Brazil, Canada, Japan, China, India, Dubai, Saudi Arabia
—Process analysis, process definition, process improvements, and ISO compliance